Top 5 Cannabis Strains For Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s disease is a progressive neurological disorder which happens when there is a shortage of dopamine in the basal ganglia degenerate. As a result, patients with Parkinson’s Disease suffer from impaired movement, rigid muscles, and slow movements. As the disease progresses, they will lose their ability to speak, write, and move on their own.
Cannabis has long been accepted as an effective form of treatment for Parkinson’s. In fact, we’re pretty much behind: back in the 19th century, doctors were already prescribing indica tinctures to patients with Parkinson’s Disease. This was when doctors didn’t even have the depth of information that we know today about dopamine and how it affects motor function!
Today we know that cannabis is useful in treating a range of neurological conditions, which is why it makes perfect sense that it’s just as effective in treating motor impairments and tremors. The cannabinoids in the plant are known for their neuroprotective and antioxidant properties, which many think could be the reason why it’s beneficial in slowing down the progression of Parkinson’s Disease. Cannabis provides relief not only for the symptoms of the disease especially depression and anxiety, but is also promising in treating the disease itself.
If you want to see the amazing impact of cannabis on Parkinson’s Disease, have a look at this video.
Here are the top 5 cannabis strains that can help manage the symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease:
- Amnesia Haze is two-time Cannabis Cup winner and is extremely popular in Amsterdam. Patients of Parkinson’s Disease will appreciate how uplifting this strain is; it’s known to give a delightful energetic high while you smoke its delicious earthy flavor with hints of citrus and lemons. Amnesia Haze is a great citrusy sativa that is recommended for daytime use. This strain also helps to give relief from stress while promoting creativity. Amnesia Haze is effective in combating depression, fatigue, and pain too.
- Bubba Kush is a famous strain for its ultra-relaxing and tranquilizing properties. Patients who suffer from insomnia, pain, depression, and stress as a result of Parkinson’s Disease will benefit from using Bubba Kush. In fact, Bubba Kush is known for being one of the most potent relaxing indica strains out there. Plus you’ll enjoy smoking its sweet hash taste with notes of coffee and chocolate as you exhale – totally blissful experience from beginning to finish.
- Black Lime Special Reserve is a popular sativa originating from several parent strains, all of whom are fabled in their own right. This strain’s parent’s include Northern Lights, Purple Kush, Woodman Canyon Oil Can, Chemdawg Special, and Lime Afghani. Black Lime Special Reserve has a refreshing citrus taste combined with diesel. This strain will alleviate depression and stress, relaxes you, and will help you feel more euphoric. If getting into creative activities helps you deal with Parkinson’s more effectively, even if it’s as simple as listening to music, this is an excellent choice. This strain has potent anti-fatigue and anti-spasticity properties that you will appreciate.
- Cherry Kola is an award-winning indica strain with a sweet cherry taste. More important than that, Cherry Kola does a fantastic job at producing calming and euphoric effects. It’s one of the most popular choices for patients who are also coping with stress, insomnia, fatigue, and headaches. If you are looking for a strain that will make you feel good instantly, look no further than Cherry Kola! If it’s your first time to smoke this strain, be prepared for the dry mouth and slight dizzy spell that some users report. Nevertheless it’s an excellent medicinal strain that you should try.
- Chemdawg is famous for its high THC content (sometimes as much as 20%). Many patients with Parkinson’s Disease find relief in strains that are rich in THC such as Chemdawg. This strain is valuable in the medical community because of its ability to treat chronic migraines, depression, anxiety, appetite loss, and pain. If it’s your first time to experiment with medical marijuana, you can’t go wrong with all the benefits that this one has to offer.
Have you used cannabis to treat Parkinson’s Disease? Share your story with us in the comments below!
OTHER STORIES YOU MAY LIKE…
Published at Fri, 03 Mar 2017 06:00:00 +0000