Hemp-Based Sunscreen Essentials You Need Right Now
Summer is here, temperatures are rising, and you need to protect your skin. Every year, there are more new cases of skin cancer in the United States than breast, lung, colon, and prostate cancer combined. Keeping your skin healthy especially under the sun is crucial to preventing skin cancer.
The market is stocked with hundreds of different kinds of sun protection products, but they’re all made using harmful chemicals which can double your risk for developing cancer and disease since these toxins go straight into your bloodstream when you apply it topically. However, there’s now the option of products using hemp-based that can protect your skin in and out of the sun.
Aside from the numerous uses of the cannabis’s cousin, hemp seed oil has proven to be effective in absorbing UV-B and UV-C ranges because it has a natural SPF rating of 6. The hemp plant alone has its own protection mechanisms from the sun, just like other plants do. This is why hemp seed oil is effective in deflecting the sun’s rays without affecting vitamin D absorption, since vitamin D has its own health benefits for the human body. Hemp seed oil is quickly gaining popularity for its numerous uses on hair, skin, and nails; plus using it won’t get you high. Since it’s derived from CBD, you can be sure that you’re also getting the anti-inflammatory properties that you need to prevent acne, soothe redness, and get rid of swelling – just some of the things we end up coming home with after traveling to a hot or humid location.
So before you pack for your next summer beach trip, here are 5 great hemp-based products to protect your skin from the sun:
- Cannabios Hemp Sunscreen Sunblock SPF 50 contains organic hemp oil, olive oil, and rosemary oil to provide you with sunscreen protection while moisturizing your skin at the same time. Apply Cannabios sunscreen on your skin before you head out to the beach, and reapply especially after you get in the water or sweat.
- Hempz Yuzu and Starfruit Herbal Moisturizing Dry Oil Body Spray SPF 30 is enriched with 100% pure natural hemp seed oil. This is the ideal product for those of you who prefer a lightweight dry oil that leaves no grease after application plus it has a delicious scent thanks to its yuzu and starfruit flavor. Hempz Yuzu and Starfruit Dry Oil can be used daily to help hydrate your skin while conditioning and offering sun exposure. Other ingredients include vitamin A, C, and E; coffee cherry extract, signature citrus fruit complex, and it’s free from parabens, gluten, and THC while being 100% vegan. It has 40 minutes of sun-resistance so don’t forget to reapply!
- Pacific Beach Organics Hemp Sunscreen contains all organic ingredients and non-nano zinc oxide to offer effective protection from the sun. This product is USDA certified organic and Quality Assurance International Certified Organic. The shea butter content is a superfood for your skin, supplementing you with essential fatty acids, vitamins, andminerals. It also contains carrot skin oil that protects you from free radicals while rejuvenating and tightening the skin. Carrot see oil alone offers SPF protection ranging from 30-40. Other ingredients include red raspberry seed oil, beeswax, grapeseed oil, rosewood and lavender essential oils, vitamin E, and coconut oil.
- Apothecanna Extra Strength-Relieving Crème works double time to moisturize your skin using natural anti-inflammatory extracts derived from plants. This product is idela for use after sun exposure, especially when you’re feeling the pain from a sun burn, or are generally traveling to a place with a dry climate. It contains peppermint, juniper, and arnica which provides quick relief from inflammation and pain. The peppermint also does wonders for its cooling properties. Refrigerate Apothecanna Extra-Strength Relieving Crème for an hour or two before applying to cool and soothe your sunburn.
- Azida Moisturizing Sunscreen with Hemp Oil SPF 15 is a vegan-friendly product that provides your skin the healing and moisturizing properties of hemp while offering sun protection. Azida Moisturizing Sunscreen is light and non-greasy; ideal for everyday use or even for your next holiday. Other ingredients include aloe vera gel, purified water, rhattany extract, and carrot seed oil. This product contains no sulfates, parabens, synthetic waxes, artificial colors or preservatives, or strong fragrances.
OTHER STORIES YOU MAY ENJOY…
Published at Mon, 17 Jul 2017 05:00:00 +0000